[C] Crystal Castle [C] Crystal Castle

This is great jamming music! Keep up the good work! That lead that you used is perfect, not overbearing but yet not to subtle.

Cajete responds:

Thank you for the vote! I love when people leave reviews and actually hear what I was trying to accomplish. I can't believe you mentioned that lead so specifically. It was difficult compressing the sounds properly for those sections of the song. It was difficult to mix it all together to make it sound how you hear it now. I wanted to have everything mixed and mastered in a way where you could hear any instrument you wanted to so long as you listened too it deeply; so you could zone in on something particular you might like. Like how you said-- not to loud but not to subtle. This meant everything had to be even. Many probably think it's just turning down vol knobs but I can confirm that when you are working with electronic sounds-- arps, synths, etc it's much more complex. The intricacies of frequencies, levels, compression, and overall mix in general vastly come into play. There are sections that have completely altered mastering than other parts in the song because it's what was required in order to obtain a similar balance of sound across the entire song. I'm still not happy with the drums-- I will most likely go back and update them at some point. I'm still learning a lot of new methods and applications in terms of mastering. I learn new tads and bits when I experiment with different genres which is why I'm currently working on an entire Synthwave compilation. I feel like I can pick techniques up from different genres and bring them over to what I'm currently doing. This song is a testament of that; trying to learn new things.

Dark's Adventure: Magitek Dark's Adventure: Magitek

I really like this! The arps were perfect!

Troisnyx responds:

Thank you! ^_^

later later

If only it was longer! Great job though, really digging the old school electro vibes!

Nereid Nereid

This is good stuff man, keep it up!

Chronicles of Buttered Toast Ep 4 Chronicles of Buttered Toast Ep 4

This was awesome! Is this in a video somewhere?

Luciouss responds:

I wish. I am currently looking for an animator to help make this a video.

Disconnected Disconnected

I thoroughly enjoyed this. The rhythm had a lot of rap elements. However one thing that bugged me, was on the verses the fade was a little loud and then got soft. I dunno, it weird. I really loved the last couple of seconds, I think that drum element should have been more incorporated. All in all, good work! Feel free to stop by my page!

SoundHawk responds:

Thanks a lot for the comments, I'll think of them when I start working next. I do also produce Rap soundtracks for a guy, so that could be showing through. That second part of the chorus (which is what I believe you're referring to) was also bugging me, and I messed with the volume as much as I could to make them fit more, maybe I didn't need them. Thanks again!

Frosted Night Frosted Night

That clap is really annoying.

DeafAndDead responds:

That's fair enough. Thanks for the review.

Taking Up Space Taking Up Space

Not sure how this genre is supposed to sound, but it sounds really repetitive. Maybe if you had a strong lead over it with out so much repitition of the drums it would be better. Keep practicing!

KillTheTrucker responds:

Forgot to mention there's supposed to be vocals on it real soon :) and this genre is mostly quite repetitive.

Thanks for your review though

GreenHill Remix for Danny GreenHill Remix for Danny

Loop it, put it in a game. Battle theme ftw. I like it, good job.

LandOfTheForgottenDubstep LandOfTheForgottenDubstep

I usually don't go for dubstep, but this actually had a very good rhythm to it. Keep up the good work!

DustDevil responds:

Thank you, Im glad you liked the song :) Will do sir ;)